Fora » Ogólne

runs.Tomlin allowed two three-run homers

• 1006 posty
    12 czerwca 2018 02:40:16 BST

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Cleveland Indians right-hander Josh Tomlin has gone from unbeatable at the start of the season to winless in August. Goedkoop Online Heren Air Max 270 Flyknit Igloo AH6803-301 .And that potent Indians offense is suddenly struggling to score runs.Tomlin allowed two three-run homers, the first to Carlos Gomez making his debut for the AL-best Texas Rangers, and gave up eight runs without making it out of the fifth inning as the Indians lost 9-0 in the opener of a four-game series matching division leaders Thursday night.My job is to give us a chance to win, and right now Im not doing my job, said Tomlin, 0-5 with a 10.80 ERA in his five August starts.While Tomlin (11-8) failed to get past the fifth inning for the fourth time this month, the Indians managed only two singles in eight innings against left-hander Cole Hamels (14-4), who struck out eight without a walk.We havent swung the bat the last four games, but I think were third in the league in runs, manager Terry Francona said. Its not realistic that youre going to hit the ball out of the ballpark all year. It happens. Just got to fight through it together. We will.Cleveland (72-54) was shut out for the fourth time this season, and that came after the AL Central leader had been held to exactly one run in each of its three games at Oakland earlier this week -- the opener of that series being a 1-0 victory.You keep working, second baseman Jason Kipnis said. I wouldnt be surprised if we come out of it here soon.Hamels retired 19 batters in a row after Francisco Lindors solid two-out single to left in the first. The only other baserunner for the Indians against the lefty was Carlos Santana after a leadoff single in the eighth, though he was stranded at second after advancing on a passed ball.Had all pitches, all locations in play. Had the swing and miss, Rangers manager Jeff Banister said. He had the ability to do what he wanted to.After Gomezs homer in the second, Adrian Beltre and Rougned Odor also homered for the Rangers (75-53), who matched their largest winning margin of the season.Tomlin is scheduled to start once more before the calendar turns to September, next week at home against Minnesota. The right-handed Texas native was 7-0 through eight starts and 9-1 at the end of June, but now hasnt won since July 30.He was crisp, Francona said. He made a bad pitch to Gomez, and unfortunately its three (runs).LOFTY MARKSHamels is 21-5 in his 38 starts since the Rangers acquired him last season when he was coming off a no-hitter in his last start for the Philadelphia Phillies. His eight innings Thursday were the longest scoreless outing for a Texas starter this season.SHORT HOPSIndians 1B Mike Napoli had two errors in the fifth, one throwing and one fielding. ... Tony Barnette pitched a scoreless ninth, after giving up a leadoff walk, to wrap up only the third shutout this season for Texas. ... The Rangers had eight hits, one each by eight different players. The only starter without a hit was Carlos Beltran, who is in an 0-for-28 slide.FRESH STARTGomez made his Rangers debut five days after signing a minor league deal with the team and playing three games at Triple-A Round Rock. The 30-year-old two-time All-Star outfielder hit .210 with five homers in 85 games this season with the Houston Astros before being designated for assignment and then last week given his unconditional release.TRAINERS ROOMIndians: Instead of activating reliever Tommy Hunter from the disabled list next week as planned, the Indians released the right-hander who has been out since the All-Star break with after a back issue.UP NEXTIndians: All-Star RHP Corey Kluber (13-8), the 2014 AL Cy Young winner, is 5-0 with a 1.78 ERA his last eight starts.Rangers: LHP Martin Perez (8-9) is 7-1 with a 2.36 ERA in 13 home starts this season. Air Max 270 Hot Punch AH8050-010 Heren: Zwart-Hot Punch . Despite the cost, effort and an improved steroid test, its possible that very few -- if any -- positives will be detected, Dr. Richard Budgett told The Associated Press in an interview. "We just dont know what the results from Torino will be," Budgett said. Air Max 270 Nederland ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. http://www.nike270kopen.com/air-max-270-teal.html . -- New England Revolution goalkeeper Matt Reis is retiring after a 16-year career to become the goalie coach for the Los Angeles Galaxy. CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers third-year defensive end Kony Ealy is looking to parlay a huge performance in the Super Bowl into a super season in 2016.Had the Panthers defeated the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl 50, theres a strong chance Ealy would have been named the games MVP. He was a terror on defense, sacking Peyton Manning three times and forcing two turnovers, including an interception after dropping back in coverage. The Panthers lost 24-10, but Ealy clearly had turned some heads.I gained a lot of confidence from that game, Ealy said. But I have always been a confident person. Now Im just really starting to apply it all. I am putting everything together.The Panthers hope he continues to do just that.The 24-year-old Ealy started nine games early last season after Charles Johnson was placed on short-term injured reserve with a hamstring injury. When Johnson came back, Ealy returned to a reserve role but didnt stop working to improve.He had a stretch during the regular season where he had a sack in five straight games, four of those as a starter. He took his game to an entirely different level in the Super Bowl.We all knew he had that type of game in him, and thats a tribute to how hard hes worked, Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott said of Ealys performance in the Super Bowl. Now were looking for consistency.With defensive end Jared Allen retiring, Ealy will have that chance.Hes penciled in to start opposite Johnson as Carolina looks to become the first team to return to the Super Bowl the year after losing the big game the year before since the Buffalo Bills in 1994.Ealy said while hes excited about being a starter, he hasnt set any personal goals for this season. Nor does he plan on it.Im just going to let my performance do the talking, Ealy said.The Panthers drafted the 6--foot-4, 275-pound Ealy in the second round in 2014 out of Missouri, feeling strongly at the time theyd gotten a first-round talent. Air Max 270 Wit. He managed 12 tackles and four sacks as a rookie. There were flashes of brilliance mixed in with a tendency to jump early on a hard count.You come in and, obviously, they draft you for talent, but the mental thing is the different part, Ealy said. Everybody doesnt come in mentally ready. I mean, I was just out there running around.Not anymore.Teammates describe him as being more poised, focused and mature than when he first arrived two years ago.He has to come back and build upon that (Super Bowl) now, Johnson said. He knows he can do it now, so that gives him a confidence boost. It will all be a credit to how he works.Coach Ron Rivera said every week during the season, Ealy did things to contribute and was letting us know that hes getting closer and closer.So Rivera wasnt surprised with Ealys performance in the Super Bowl.I think it was a culmination of things for him, Rivera said.Ealy views it more as a beginning.Hes eager for the season, and a chance to show everyone that his stellar performance was far from a fluke. He feels the more he plays, the better hes going to become.Its a process for everybody, Ealy said. Some people never get it. Some people get it, but it takes time. I was just one of those people who took some time to get it.Game notes Panthers Pro Bowl tight end Greg Olsen returned to practice after missing Saturdays preseason game against Tennessee with back spasms. Rivera hasnt ruled out Olsen for Friday nights game against the New England Patriots.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys ' ' '