Fora » Ogólne

held on to beat Loyola Marymount 65-62 on

• 1021 posty
    11 października 2018 09:20:44 BST

LOS ANGELES -- After losing the first two games of the season at home, UConn was in danger of dropping its third straight. Matt Moulson Jersey .But a late rally ignited the Huskies to their first win of the season.Terry Larrier scored 14 points, including the go-ahead basket, and UConn held on to beat Loyola Marymount 65-62 on Thursday night.We were scrambling a bit at the end and we were running on an empty tank, Larrier said. At the end of the game we were trying to stop them from getting open-look 3s and its definitely nice to get that first win.Although the Huskies (1-2) trailed much of the second half, Larriers basket with 2:22 to play gave UConn a 63-62 lead. Jalen Adams, a sophomore guard, added two free throws with 20 seconds left to give UConn a cushion.Brandon Browns 3-point attempt at the buzzer would have forced overtime for the Lions (1-2), but his shot hit off the rim and the Huskies escaped with their first win of the season.It was a grind it out game, UConn coach Kevin Ollie said. Its good to get on the victory trail. We did not finish a lot of shots. We missed a lot of layups and we need to improve our transition game. We had too many turnovers and we have to fix that. But our guys believed in themselves, trusted each other and didnt stop playing.Kelvin Amayo -- a transfer from Iona who was granted a sixth year waiver following knee surgery -- led LMU with 18 points. Amayo made 5 of 12 shots and 8 of 11 free throws. He also pulled down six rebounds for the Lions. Buay Tuach scored 12 points and Brown added 10 points for LMU.Amida Brimah scored 9 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for UConn.We started out strong in the first half but finished the half sloppy, Brimah said. At halftime we made adjustments and when we took the court in the second half we had confidence we were going to win. The Huskies started the season ranked 18th but fell out of the polls after a pair of setbacks against Wagner and Northeastern.Both teams showed offensive spurts in the opening half but neither team maintained them.Alterique Gilbert led the Huskies with 10 points in the first half, but dislocated his left shoulder after colliding with a defender while chasing a loose ball late in the half. He remained down on the court for several minutes before the training staff led him off to the locker room. He did not return.We definitely had good defensive pressure as a team, Vital said. This was a must win for our team. Were a young team and we faced adversity.Ollie said Gilbert reinjured the shoulder he previously hurt and will be examined when the team gets to Hawaii on Friday.BIG PICTUREUConn: Thursday was the third game of a hectic beginning to the 2016-17 season, which the Huskies will play seven games in 20 days and also take a 10,200-mile road trip during that span.LMU: The Lions coach, former NBA coach Mike Dunlap, figures to improve LMUs 14-17 record from a year ago. Dunlap has formed a strong nucleus of transfers, junior college players and newcomers.UP NEXTUConn travels to the Island of Maui for the fourth time to participate in the Maui Jim Maui Invitational starting Monday against Oklahoma State, followed by games on Tuesday and Wednesday.LMU has an eight-day break before hosting Portland State, followed by games against Boise State and Southern Utah before concluding its four-game home stand. Pat Lafontaine Jersey . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. Josh Gorges Jersey . Q: Team Canada announces their Olympic roster three weeks from today. Who is general manager Steve Yzerman watching? LeBrun: Over the last 48 hours, hes taken in the home-and-home between the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche with Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene being the obvious targets. http://www.sabresauthority.com/authentic-robin-lehner-sabres-jersey/ . The return match will take place next Wednesday. Udinese leads Fiorentina 2-1 in the other semifinal. Napoli staged a second-half comeback from two goals down after Gervinhos opener and a stunning strike from Kevin Strootman. The lowdown on American archer Mackenzie Brown: She knits, line dances, used to be a competitive swimmer -- backstroke was her specialty -- and shoots arrows while listening to country music to hone her concentration.Then theres this: The 21-year-old from Flint, Texas, may just be the archer to interrupt the dominance of South Korea, the nation thats captured seven of the last eight Olympic gold medals in the womens individual event heading into Rio.Brown certainly has the aim to pull off the feat -- the poise, too.If I go in with the right amount of confidence, Im usually going to do really well, said Brown, whos attempting to become the first U.S. woman to win Olympic gold since Luann Ryon in 1976. Im my biggest competitor when it comes to that.Brown took third at a Rio test event last September at the Sambadrome venue, the iconic stadium designed for the Samba Parade at Carnival. She finished behind winner Choi Misun of South Korea and runner-up Tan Ya-Ting of Chinese Taipei.(The stadium) is really catching to the eye, Brown said. Its going to be a really good venue.Brown will be the lone American woman competing in Rio after teammates Khatuna Lorig and Hye Youn Park narrowly missed making the Olympic squad. Lorig is a big name in archery circles for whats shes accomplished -- she was trying to make her sixth Olympic team -- and for being the one who enhanced the archery skills of actor Jennifer Lawrence for her role as Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games.Im just going to do my best and feel like thats going to earn me a medal, Brown said.She grew up a swimmer before being introduced to archery in middle school. From the start, she was talented -- winning tournaments in divisions above her age.I grew up in deep Texas, where all I heard of was bow hunting. I had this image of the movie `Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Thats what I knew about archery, Brown said. Soon, I found out it was so much more. It was something I definitely have a passion for.Typically, she will train to music in order to work on tuning out distractions. When shes not listening to country stars like Garth Broooks or George Strait, shes jamming to Meghan Trainor. Cheap NHL Jerseys. Being able to push that (noise) away and focus on what I need to focus on, it becomes a benefit, explained Brown, whose hobby is knitting and makes garments to protect her equipment while traveling. Im just really looking forward to how things turn out.The archery competition starts Aug. 5. Here are some things to know:INSIDE SCOOPArchery targets are set up 70 meters away -- about three-fourths of an American football field -- and feature 10 rings with different point values and colors. For scoring purposes, remember this: Gold is great. White, not as much, and missing altogether even worse.KOREAN COMMANDThe South Koreans have such a deep archery program that defending mens individual champion Oh Jin-Hyek didnt make the squad. Also missing from the team is visually impaired archer Im Dong-hyun, who helped the country to a bronze medal in the team event at the 2012 London Games. On the womens side, Ki Bo-Bae will defend her gold. The South Korean women have also won every gold in the team event since it was included in 1988.BRAZILIAN HOPETeenager Marcus DAlmeida of Brazil is sometimes referred to as Archerys Neymar, because his quick rise to stardom -- much like the soccer great. DAlmeida will be one of the host countrys top medal contenders. The 18-year-old captured a silver medal at the Nanjing Youth Olympic Games in 2014.AMERICAN MIGHTThe American men have a full team in Brady Ellison, Jake Kaminski and Zach Garrett. Ellison and Kaminski led the U.S. to a silver medal in the team competition at the London Olympics.QUITE AN ACHIEVEMENTZahra Nemati of Iran is scheduled to compete in both the Rio Olympics and Paralympics. The 31-year-old Zahra earned a black belt in taekwondo before she injured her spinal cord in an accident in 2004, according to her profile on Paralympic.org. She took up archery soon after and captured gold at the 2012 London Paralympics in the individual recurve W1/W2. Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys ChinaCheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Nike NFL Jerseys China Jerseys From China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Hoodies Wholesale Authentic Jerseys ' ' '