Fora » Portal PolishPlymouth.co.uk

jobs, will feature primarily on Ryan Seacrests after

• 1322 posty
    2 listopada 2018 05:46:03 GMT

Olympics television is branching out into the fashion world, with NBC hiring two Brazilian supermodels to appear on the networks late-night coverage of Rio 2016. Discount Nike NFL Jerseys .Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima, both of whom are Victorias Secret Angels in their day jobs, will feature primarily on Ryan Seacrests after-hours show, which will be largely human-interest and entertainment based.Adriana and Alessandra are the perfect ambassadors to guide viewers through the celebrations taking place outside of the competition, showcasing the off the field experience for Olympic fans, Jim Bell, NBC Olympics executive producer, said in a press release.Thats all well and good. Olympics coverage has long straddled the line between sports news and entertainment, with the expansion into the celebrity space borne out of the need to appeal to a broader audience beyond traditional sports fans -- not to mention fill 6,755 hours of coverage. (Personally, I wouldnt mind seeing that time filled with more Bob Costas.) Two famous Brazilians teaching us their native language and local cuisine does add some cultural dimension to what can be at times a rather bland broadcast. And with soccer as a way of life in Brazil, perhaps Ambrosio and Lima can offer some commentary on the sports themselves.But the move also reads as slightly cynical against the long-term backdrop of the situation in Rio. Amid the Zika and ISIS fears of the athletes, tourists and traveling press, theres also the constant state of fear in which the locals live -- fear of government, of police, of pollution, of poverty.The body parts that washed ashore near the Olympic beach volleyball courts, the thousands of displaced poor who watched their favelas bulldozed to make way for Olympic Village, the political turmoil of a corrupt congress ousting a very impeachable president, the protesters and police continuing to clash in the streets as calls for an Olympics boycott grow, the billions in cost overruns and public spending amid the countrys worst recession in 80 years, the unpaid officers warning tourists at the airport, Welcome to Hell ... whoever comes to Rio de Janeiro will not be safe, the sewage flowing in the waters where athletes will compete and through the streets where locals live and play, the diseases far worse than Zika that have plagued Brazilians long before sports fans began to take notice -- its much easier to overlook these and other harsh realities when you have two pretty faces guiding your view.The athletic achievement and heartwarming stories of triumph often serve to distract from the darker side of the Games, but the use of Ambrosio and Lima is problematic in other ways. Its a nod to the tired stereotype of hyper-sexualized Brazilian women, which was invoked to disastrous effect by sponsors of the 2014 World Cup in Rio. The local and Western elite have historically reduced Brazil to beachwear and body waxing, an image sold to tourists that largely boosts the sex -- and sex trafficking -- industry.The perception that Brazilians hold a liberal attitude toward sex and nudity comes at the expense of womens safety. A 2014 survey from Brazils Institute of Applied Economic Research found that 26 percent of respondents believed women who dressed in revealing clothing deserved to be raped, while 58.5 percent believed there would be fewer rapes if women behaved properly.Similarly, choosing supermodels to guide the cultural coverage shows a disregard for women Olympics fans. If its a ploy for viewers, its very clearly a ploy to gain male viewers. You could argue that that just makes strategic sense, because the majority of Olympics ratings are driven by female fans. But beautiful women are deployed throughout sports broadcasts whether or not male viewers are in the minority.Some writers more optimistic than I are holding out for the possibility that Ambrosio and Lima might lend their own perspectives as native Brazilians on whats going on in their country. That very well could be the case, and if so, I look forward to their insight. But neither woman has been particularly outspoken when it comes to politics -- nor should they have to be; thats not their job. And while Im sure they both have opinions on the state of affairs in their home country, I think it might be asking too much to expect a meaningful discussion on the social and economic impact of the Olympics on an entertainment show moderated by Seacrest.Hopefully NBC isnt using these two very beautiful women to mask the ugliness were seeing in Rio. We can be entertained, but lets not be fooled. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic . - Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is not a fan of his teams use of the wildcat formation, saying "it makes you look like a high school offence. http://www.wholesalenfljerseysofficial.com/ .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternoon it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. DENVER -- Mark Reynolds had never broken a bone until five weeks ago. Now hes done it twice, and his 2016 season is ending early.Reynolds homered but later had a bone in his left hand broken by a pitch in the Colorado Rockies 6-3 win over the San Diego Padres on Sunday.Reynolds broke the hamate bone in his left hand on Aug. 12 and it was surgically removed three days later. He bounced back quickly and returned to the lineup Aug. 31.This recovery wont be as quick.Reynolds was struck by Jose Dominguezs pitch with one out in the fifth inning.Thatll be it for him, manager Walt Weiss said. He worked hard to get back from that hamate very quickly and its unfortunate he wont be able to get to the finish line with us.It put a damper on Colorados sweep of the Padres. Tony Wolters had three hits and Chad Bettis pitched into the sixth for the Rockies.Its tough. Ive never broken a bone in my life and I have two this year in the same hand, Reynolds said. Going to get it better and get ready for next year.San Diego played a day after Yangervis Solarte lost his wife, Yuliett, following a battle with cancer. The third baseman was with his family Sunday and was on the minds of everyone in the organization.Adam Rosales paid tribute to his teammate with a jump and a clap at home plate after his homer in the second inning, mimicking Solartes home run celebration.We talked about it before the game today. If somebody hit a home run, wed do the alligator arm for Solarte, Rosales said. It was just a tribute. I feel like it would mean a lot to Solarte to know how much he means to us, how much his family means to the San Diego Padres.Padres manager Andy Green said before the game that there is no timetable for Solarte to rejoin the team.Everybodys heart breaks for him right now, Padres manager Andy Green said. Hes had infectious energy all year long, and when you can consider the circumstances of his life, its hard to fathom. So from our perspective, `Hey, whenever you want to be back, you can come back. If you dont want to be back in the last two weeks, you dont have to be back. Nike NFL Jerseys From China. But well continue to talk to him, offer our love and support, anything we can possibly do for his family from a logistics perspective.Before the game, the Rockies held a moment of silence for Yuliett.Im sure it was a tough day for them to play, Weiss said. You lose a family member, Im sure there are a lot of heavy hearts over there. It certainly puts things in perspective.Bettis (13-7) allowed three runs and five hits in 5 1/3 innings. He won for the third time in his last four starts and helped himself with two walks and an RBI.Adam Ottavino pitched the ninth for his fifth save.Padres starter Jarred Cosart (0-4) ran into trouble in the fourth when the Rockies took control. Reynolds hit a two-run homer and the Rockies loaded the bases with a single and two walks.Dominguez walked in another run before giving up a two-run single to Carlos Gonzalez to make it 5-1.The Rockies made it 6-1 when Dominguez hit Reynolds and pinch-runner Gerardo Parra scored on Wolters single.Reynolds said he knew he was hurt right away.Ive been hit in my hand a lot before and I never felt this kind of pain, he said. I dont have a radiology degree but I could see that it was broken.Reynolds hand was heavily wrapped and he said it will be re-examined Monday.Wil Myers double in the sixth cut the lead to 6-3 after Bettis bases-loaded walk gave Colorado a five-run cushion.Cosarts last turn in the rotation was skipped after he left his start on Sept. 7 because of a strained right groin and hamstring.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: C Derek Norris didnt start because of a jammed finger but was available off the bench.UP NEXTPadres: LHP Clayton Richard (2-2, 1.51 ERA) makes his seventh start for San Diego when the Padres open a three-game home series with Arizona.Rockies: LHP Tyler Anderson (5-5, 3.65) opens a three-game series against St. Louis on Monday. The rookie is 5-1 with a 3.04 ERA in 11 starts at Coors Field. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College JerseysCheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '