Fora » Praca

ies? Kerry wants to answer your emails at c

• 1485 posty
    December 10, 2018 5:53 AM GMT

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at [email protected] Authentic Melvin Frazier Jersey .ca. Hi Kerry, In the Boston-Buffalo game on Wednesday night in the second period, Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers slashes Bruins forward Brad Marchand and then punches him in the head! How and why does Marchand get the penalty, with no call on Myers? He then scores a go-ahead goal! My question would be - does a supervising official between periods give the refs the talking down a player would get from his coach? This call could cost a team two points on very questionable officiating! Thanks,Ken MacAskill Ken: Both you and broadcast analyst Joe Micheletti made the correct call on this play. At the very least the Bruins and Sabres should have been playing four men aside as a result of the altercation between Tyler Myers and Brad Marchand. In a perfect world, Myers deserved an extra minor penalty as the aggressor in this incident following his slash and punch at Marchand. You asked how and why, only Brad Marchand received the penalty on this play. The trailing referee is responsible for all players behind the Sabres blue line.  As the Sabres went on the attack from their end zone, Marchand cut across the ice toward his bench for a line change and in doing so skated directly in front of Myers. The altercation began when Marchand dropped his hip toward Myers who responded with a cross-check shove, a slash by each player and then the Myers punch. At this point play was stopped to assess a penalty. The camera picked up the trailing referee with his arm raised and approaching the two players on an angle back from the neutral zone toward Tyler Myers and Brad Marchand. From the referees angle of return it is apparent to me that he had vacated the Sabres end zone prior to players clearing that zone and failed to recognize and observe the hot spot between Marchand and Myers. I dont believe the ref saw the start of the altercation but picked it up when Brad Marchand jammed his stick into Myers midsection. He therefore deemed Marchand to be the instigator of the scrum. The easy call should have been to penalize both players for their actions. Unfortunately that didnt take place and resulted in a Tyler Myers power-play goal. Officiating managers (supervisors) very seldom enter the officials room between periods unless something extremely serious has gone afoul. Instead, the manager will review his observations and game report with the officials at the conclusion of the game. In certain cases, depending upon travel schedules or a perceived need, a follow-up telephone call or even breakfast meeting might take place with an official. Typically though any instruction/coaching will take place in the officials dressing room after the game.  There was a time when supervisors entered the room between periods but team management objected to this practice when they felt the officials approach to the game changed to drastically following between period instructions. I dont agree with this practice in principle, but whenever the conversation does take place the supervisors proper approach and coaching techniques are vital in advancing the officials learning curve. When I observe a Division I College game for my former colleague and referee-in-chief of the ECAC Paul Stewart, I always visit the officials room between periods; if for no other reason but to be supportive and available should they have any questions. My approach is always to be positive and point out the good things they did but also to make them aware of any potential hot spots that might develop in addition to any positioning issues I feel the need to address. The game can certainly look different from the press box or the television monitor than it does at ice level. In a flash from the past, when I first signed a contract with the NHL there was a different and much more aggressive approach taken by the supervisors of that day which could be very intimidating for an official; especially a young one. Team general managers were not fined for approaching the officials room and shouting matches often took place in the hall outside the refs room. Supervisors were subjected to angry rants from team personnel in the press box which could result in a between period visit to the officials room by a supervisor. I can tell you there were trash cans kicked around the officials room and rolled up programs thrown at the wall in some of these "coaching" sessions. As you can imagine they werent very productive from a teaching perspective but could have a profound effect on how the next period was officiated! In todays fast paced game the two referee two linesman system is mandatory. An influx of younger officials has been hired to the staff when the veterans retire. Enhanced coaching and mentoring techniques are required to quicken the learning curve that takes place in addition to holding all the officials accountable to the expected standard. This is a work in progress.   Wholesale Magic Jerseys . In sunny and almost windless conditions, the Swede shot four consecutive birdies on the front nine on his way to a 68 and went 9 under for a one-shot lead over Englands Lee Slattery and two over Paraguays Farbrizio Zanotti (68). Wholesale Magic Jerseys Authentic . With the players association in the midst of meetings in Las Vegas, a vote will be held on Friday to decide the CFLPAs presidency and other executive positions.LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Clippers begin a new era Thursday night, the Steve Ballmer ownership era, by hosting the Oklahoma City Thunder at Staples Center. Catch all the action on TSN2 beginning at 10:30pm et/7:30pm pt. Ballmer bought the Clippers for $2 billion after former owner Donald Sterling was caught on tape making racially-insensitive remarks. The Sterling saga took place during the Clippers playoff push last season, one that ended in the Western Conference semifinals to the Thunder. Neither team is the same as it was in the postseason. For the Thunder, reigning MVP Kevin Durant is shelved with a broken foot. Theyre not going to change completely who they are, and there were actually minutes where Durant wasnt on the floor, so you can kind of watch those, head coach Doc Rivers said. But theyll be a little different without him, obviously. Theyll play a little different. For the Clippers, the team now has solid support from ownership. The on-court product is solid with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, both of whom finished in the top five in MVP voting last season. The Clippers didnt have much to address in the offseason, but a backup big man was a huge priority. Spencer Hawes agreed to a four-year deal and he will open up the floor for, and spell, both Griffin and DeAndre Jordan, who led the NBA in rebounding last season. And, despite leading the league on the glass, the Clippers were badly out- rebounded in the offseason. Its an issue Rivers and Jordan have addressed with the team. Reboundings not purely athleticism, Griffin said. Its about really going and getting it. DJ does a great job. I need to do a better job of, especiially when Im out on the perimeter guarding a stretch four or something like that, of coming back in and pursuing the ball and not leaking out. Authentic Justin Jackson Jersey. . Thats something Ive been working on. The Thunder try to endure without Durant. Oklahoma City fell to fellow Northwest Division rivals, the Portland Trail Blazers, 106-89, in Wednesdays season opener. OKC built a two-point lead after three quarters, but fell apart totally in the fourth quarter. The Blazers outscored the Thunder, 31-12, over the final 12 minutes. Our guys played their hearts out, head coach Scott Brooks said. We played hard. Thats the only thing I can ask from the guys: to compete, play hard and play for each other. They did that tonight but we made too many mistakes at the end of the game. Russell Westbrook, who had 36 points through three, netted just two points on 1-of-6 shooting in the fourth. He posted 26 of his 36 points in the first half, ended 11-of-26 from the field and sunk 15-of-16 foul shots for the Thunder, who lost to San Antonio in the West Finals last season. Lance Thomas managed 14 for the second unit and Serge Ibaka chipped in 10 points, eight rebounds and four blocks. The Thunder didnt get much from the remaining three starters - Perry Jones, Steven Adams and Andre Roberson. They combined for 17 points, but were forced into duty thanks to injuries to Durant, Reggie Jackson, Anthony Morrow and Jeremy Lamb. The Thunder, who shot 2-for-16 from beyond the arc on Wednesday, have won five of the last seven regular-season meetings with the Clips. Oklahoma City has won three of its last four regular-season matchups as the visitor in this series. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '