Fora » Życie w UK

Mercury began to chip away,

• 2287 posty
    December 24, 2018 7:15 AM GMT

ST. Nike NBA Jerseys From China . PAUL, Minn. -- The Minnesota Lynx rushed out to another big lead Friday night. And every time the Phoenix Mercury began to chip away, Maya Moore pushed them aside.Moore scored 26 points, all in the first three quarters, and the defending WNBA champion Lynx beat the Mercury 96-86 on Friday night to take a 2-0 lead in the semifinal series.Coming off a record-setting 113-point outburst in Game 1, Minnesota shot 61 percent in the first quarter and took a 35-24 lead. Moore scored 12 points in a three-minute flurry to close the quarter.Shes a very difficult person to guard because you cant necessarily script what shes going to do, said Minnesotas Cheryl Reeve, honored as the WNBA coach of the year Friday. Mayas got a good feel for the game in terms of moving without the basketball.Lindsay Whalen scored 12 of her 16 points in the fourth quarter for Minnesota, playing at the Xcel Energy Center -- home of the NHLs Minnesota Wild -- for the second straight game because of a scheduling conflict at the Target Center in Minneapolis.The Lynx missed their first five shots of the second quarter, but Moore stole an outlet pass and hit a 3-pointer to push Minnesotas lead to 12.Phoenix cut it to 63-57 midway through the third quarter. Moore answered with one of her four 3-pointers on the night and the Mercury didnt come within six again until the final 30 seconds.In the end, the Mercury paid for their poor first quarter.To let them score 35 points, that was the ballgame, Phoenix coach Sandy Brondello said. You cant play with the Lynx for 30 minutes. Theyre too good of a team.Still, with Moores scoreless fourth quarter fresh in her mind, Reeve said the Lynx need more out of their former league MVP.I know that the stat line says she was really, really good, but I think overall Maya Moore is a better player that what we saw tonight, Reeve said.Rebekkah Brunson added 13 points and 11 rebounds, and Sylvia Fowles had 14 points and nine rebounds for the top-seeded Lynx. Fowles was honored Friday as the leagues defensive player of the year.Diana Taurasi had 31 points for the eighth-seeded Mercury. Penny Taylor added 16, and Marta Xargay had 10.We did a much better job of matching their intensity and their toughness, Taurasi said. Unfortunately, we didnt bring it in the first quarter and that was probably the difference.FOUL TROUBLEThe teams combined for 54 fouls, including 17 in the first quarter. Phoenix center Britney Griner was especially hampered by the barrage of whistles. She picked up two fouls in the first 1:41 and was pulled from the game. Griner returned with 3:23 to go in the first quarter, but picked up her third foul with 50.8 seconds left in the quarter. She played just 4:13 in the first half.The offenses took advantage of the numerous trips to the line. The teams combined to make their first 25 free throws and made 63 of 68 from the line on the night.TIP-INSMercury: Center Kelsey Bone missed the game because of a strained left elbow. She was injured in the second half in Game 1 on Wednesday night. ... The Mercury have played four consecutive road playoff games. They won the first two, single-elimination games at Indiana and New York, before losing two straight in Minnesota.Lynx: Minnesota has won its first playoff game in each of the last six seasons. ... Jia Perkins had 12 points. ... Minnesota played without guard Anna Cruz and center Janel McCarville, both sidelined with back injuries.UP NEXTGame 3 is Sunday in Phoenix. Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. Cheap NBA Jerseys China .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. http://www.cheapnbajerseysnike.com/ . McCarthy, a player who played some games in the second tier for Wigan at the start of this season, would go on to shine inside Evertons midfield, outplaying the man he was brought in to replace, on one of the grandest stages in English football. On Saturday, it was fitting that Manchester Uniteds most recent dagger into the chest was delivered by Frenchman Yohan Cabaye, a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who put on an outstanding effort for Newcastle at Old Trafford. WASHINGTON -- Scott Brooks is still getting to know Bradley Beal and the rest of the Washington Wizards. The teams new coach likes what he sees out of his shooting guard.In the last two games, Beal has scored 76 points -- and 30 or more in consecutive games for the first time in his five-year career.Beal had a career-high 42 points and John Wall shook off an awful shooting night with seven key points down the stretch as the Wizards beat the Phoenix Suns 106-101 on Monday night.Beal, who scored 34 points in Saturdays loss to Miami, had nine in the first quarter, seven in the second, 12 in the third and 14 in the fourth. He shot 14 for 22 and hit five of his 10 3-point attempts.He can be one of the best two-way players in the league, and my job is to continue to push him to strive for greatness, Brooks said.It takes a lot of energy. It takes a lot of inner drive and determination, but I think he has the ability to be that player.Beal said hes simplified his approach.Not thinking, not worrying about if I miss or if I make it. I just have the same mentality that its on to the next shot. That shots over, Beal said.Devin Booker had 30 points and Eric Bledsoe scored 29 for Phoenix (4-11), which has lost five of six. Booker and Bledsoe scored 18 of the teams 21 points in the fourth quarter.The Wizards improved to 4-10. All four of their wins have come at home.BEST FOR LASTWall, who also scored 34 points on Saturday, finished with 18 this time. He shot just 6 for 24 but converted a three-point play with 1:08 remaining to give Washington a 102-101 lead. Wall added a jumper with 38.11 seconds to go and two free throws with 21. Cheap Stitched NBA Jerseys. 2 seconds left.I think I just impacted the game other ways, he said.Wall had a season-high 15 assists and added three blocked shots.ON GUARDThe Suns were impressed with Beals performance.I didnt defend him, so I dont know what was so tough, but he played really determined tonight, coach Earl Watson said.Beal and Wall combined to score 23 of the Wizards 31 fourth-quarter points.You need to shut them down, make somebody else do it, and we didnt do that today, Booker said.TIP-INSSuns: F T.J. Warren (illness) missed his second straight game. C Tyson Chandler (personal reasons) sat out for the third consecutive game. ... G Leandro Barbosa became the 11th player in franchise history to appear in 500 games.Wizards: Recalled F Danuel House Jr. from Delaware of the D-League. ... Brooks said C Ian Mahinmi, who has yet to play this season due to knee surgery, is progressing well. Brooks wasnt sure, however, when Mahinmi will be ready to play. I like what he did yesterday in practice. He really moved very well. Obviously, hes a little rusty and conditioning is going to be a factor early on, Brooks said.PORTER HURTWashingtons Otto Porter left with about 7 minutes to play in the third quarter and did not return. Porter, who finished with nine points, was diagnosed with inflammation in his right hip. Brooks said Porter was day to day.UP NEXTSuns: Visit Orlando on Wednesday.Wizards: Visit Orlando on Friday. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseyscheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '