Fora » Życie w UK

Sunday in Game 3 of their Eastern Con

• 2287 posty
    February 18, 2019 10:13 AM GMT

OTTAWA -- As good-luck charms go, fibreglass shrapnel isnt high on most hockey players lists. Adidas Shoes From China Wholesale . But it seemed to do the trick for Colin Greening, whose double-overtime heroics lifted the Ottawa Senators to a 2-1 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday in Game 3 of their Eastern Conference semifinal series. Greening needed six stitches to close a gash on his left cheek after taking a wayward stick to the face early in the game. The euphoria of his goal was still settling in even as the Senators medical staff were picking tiny bits of fibreglass out of his face. "You get a lot of adrenaline going through your body, but they were just small pieces," Greening said. "Like I said, the big pieces were all taken out." Greening scored 7:39 into double overtime to salvage a game for the Senators that looked to be going the other way with just seconds left on the clock in the third period. Pittsburgh still leads the series 2-1, with Game 4 in Ottawa on Wednesday. Tyler Kennedy scored with just over a minute to play in the second period to give the Penguins a 1-0 lead. It looked as though Pittsburgh would hold onto their lead when Senators defenceman Erik Karlsson took a slashing penalty with less than two minutes remaining in regulation time. But Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson brought the sellout crowd to its feet with a short-handed goal with 28 seconds left to send the game into extra time. "It looked like they had it wrapped up, and we were able to get a big goal shorthanded to get into overtime, and then both teams had their chances before we got the winner," Alfredsson said. Both teams had good scoring chances in the extra periods. Perhaps the best chance came when a Pittsburgh shot grazed the outstretched pad of Senators goaltender Craig Anderson and ricocheted off the post to nearly end the game in the first period of overtime. Anderson was on his game, stopping 49 shots Sunday night after being pulled in Game 2. He robbed Penguins captain Sidney Crosby early in the second period and then moments later stopped a hard shot by Evgeni Malkin, who smashed his stick against the ice in frustration. He again stymied Malkin with a sprawling save in the first overtime. Andersons extra-time heroics brought the crowd of 20,500 to its feet with chants of "Andy! Andy!" "You dont know what kind of bounces youre going to get. You just got to find a way to just keep getting pucks to the net and hope for some lucky bounces," Anderson said. "I had some luck my way with a couple of posts they hit, but you know, sometimes youve got to be lucky to be good." At the other end of the ice, the Senators struggled to get the puck past Penguins netminder Tomas Vokoun, who stopped 46 shots. All eyes were on Spezza as he made his return to the Senators lineup for the first time since Jan. 27, after undergoing back surgery to repair a herniated disc. The sellout crowd chanted the 29-year-olds name during his first shift. He lined up alongside Milan Michalek and Cory Conacher. He faced a familiar opponent. Spezzas last game before going under the knife was at home against the Penguins, when he got one assist and logged 21 minutes of ice time. In his first game back, Spezza was slow to backcheck but he did manage to generate a few scoring chances and made some nice passes. His back was put to the test in overtime when Penguins forward Craig Adams delivered a bone-crunching hit along the boards. Spezza shook off the hit and seemed none the worse for wear. "I popped up as quick as possible and tried to get to the bench," Spezza said. "I was just trying to get the puck out and was in a vulnerable position, and he picked me a little clean there." The win means the Senators remain undefeated on home ice during this years playoffs. Cheap Adidas Shoes Wholesale . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Cheap Adidas Wholesale China . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. http://www.cheapadidas.us/ . Robinson finished with 17 points, all but two in the second half, and Lawson had 14 after halftime and finished with a game-high 11 assists as the Nuggets handed Dallas its first home loss in eight games this season. J.J. Hickson led Denver with 22, and Kenneth Faried added 10 points and 10 rebounds. Cronulla star Andrew Fifita has apologised to the family of fatal one-punch victim Thomas Kelly after wearing strapping emblazoned with the initials of his killer in a series of NRL games.The Sharks prop could still face sanction from the NRL despite denying the letters FKL referred to old friend Kieran Loveridge being freed from prison.Fifita will be hauled in front of the NRL integrity unit next week to explain the initials, which were displayed on his strapping in at least seven games this year.I fully understand and accept the seriousness of the crime committed by Loveridge, the devastating impact it has had on the Kelly family and the need for Loveridge to serve his time, Fifita was quoted as saying on Friday afternoon on the Sharks website.I want to extend my sincere apologies to the Kelly family for any distress caused to them by having this tragic matter back in the media.The revelations come after Fifita was warned by NSW detectives on Wednesday for consorting with criminals after making several visits to Loveridge in Cessnock jail.Both the club and Andrew are totally aligned with the police and the NRL in wishing to protect the game from criminal infiltration and Andrew is fully aware of the need for him to accept the directions given to him, the Sharks said.In relation to assertions that letters worn by Andrew on his armband earlier in the season in any way refer to Loveridge being freed, the player vehemently denies them.NRL boss Todd Greenberg said the governing body would further investigate what the initials stood for.Clearly it is inappropriate to use any club clothing or acccessories to support someone with a criminal conviction, he said. Cheap Adidas Shoes From China. Players are generally free to support any person or cause they like. But in circumstances such as these, they cannot use our game as a platform to do that.Sharks coach Shane Flanagan said it was hard to monitor what players wrote on their strapping tape and that he was upset with how the drama had affected preparations for their minor-premiership showdown with Melbourne.He confirmed Fifita would be a certain starter against the Storm.A win for the Sharks would give them the JJ Giltinan shield and $100,000 in prizemoney, while a loss could set them back as far as third and a possible week-one final against Canberra in the nations capital.Im terribly disappointed in the whole situation but my job as coach is Ive got to get this team ready to play a game on Saturday night, he said.Players usually get crosses for their religious beliefs or halves have got their special plays that they want to have on there.I know (Sharks captain Paul Gallen) had a sick kid who actually passed away recently written on his arm. We see the (Newcastle halfback Trent) Hodkinson writing some kids names on kicking tees.Loveridge was responsible for the high-profile manslaughter of 18-year-old Thomas in 2012 during a night out in Kings Cross and is serving a minimum 10-year sentence.Reports in The Daily Telegraph suggested Fifita could have once coached Loveridge and that FKL possibly stood for For Kieran Loveridge. Cheap Hoodies From China Discount NFL Shirts Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Fast Shipping China Jerseys Stitched Jerseys ' ' '