Fora » Życie w UK

missed layup from Ky Bowman with two-tenths

• 2287 posty
    June 29, 2019 9:49 AM BST

NEW YORK -- To recover from a disappointing last second home loss at Hartford, Boston College had to rebound emotionally and literally. Wholesale Buccaneers Jerseys .The Eagles sure did.Nik Popovic ended a terrific night of rebounding for Boston College by tipping in a missed layup from Ky Bowman with two-tenths of a second remaining Monday night to lift the Eagles to a dramatic 72-71 win over Auburn in the Under Armour Reunion at Madison Square Garden.Theyre so athletic, that was a big key for us, Boston College coach Jim Christian said. We had to keep them off the boards but I thought with some of our length and size we could get to boards.Coming off the frustrating one-point loss on Saturday, the Eagles (5-5) held a commanding a 49-32 rebounding advantage. Boston College had 14 offensive boards and none were bigger than the one Popovic grabbed as the buzzer neared.Auburn held a 71-70 lead on two free throws by Danjel Purifoy with 7.5 seconds remaining and Boston College went the length of the court. Bowman drove the lane, missing the layup and Popovic was in perfect position.The tip-in was exciting, Robinson said. It was a feeling Ive never had before. It was awesome and for it to happen in this kind of building, it makes it even sweeter.After getting through multiple defenders, Popovic positioned himself at the left side of the hoop and tipped it in. Following a brief review, the game ended when Purifoys inbounds pass eluded Mustapha Heron.If we outrebound, we probably would have won that game, no question, Purifoy said. They outrebounded us and they won the game.The rebounding advantage was significant, Auburn coach Bruce Pearl said. I knew Boston College would be a good physical team and the fact they dominated the glass was a factor. As a result, they won the game on an offensive rebound it almost stands to reason.Robinson, who was held to four points and shot 2-of-13 Saturday, led the Eagles with 23 points and 11 rebounds for his first career double-double. Robinson never touched the ball on the final possession and nearly gave the Eagles a 71-69 lead with 31.5 seconds remaining but his jumper was waved off when a timeout was called.Purifoy scored a career-high 27 points for Auburn (6-2), which was making its first trip to Madison Square Garden and had most of the seats filled with its orange-clad fans.Boston College led by 10 early in the first half and Auburn took its first lead at 61-60 on a tip-in by Anfernee McLemore with 6:48 left. The Tigers tied the game at 64 on a deep 3-pointer by Jared Harper nearly three minutes later.The Tigers took their second lead at 67-65 on an uncontested 3-pointer by Purifoy with 2:48 remaining. The lead was 69-65 when Heron drove through the lane with 2:01 remaining but the Eagles forged a 69-69 deadlock on a hook shot by Popovic with 58.5 seconds left.After Robinsons shot was waved off, Turner was fouled by Horace Spencer with 19.1 seconds left and hit a free throw, setting up the late dramatics.BIG PICTURE:BOSTON COLLEGE: The Eagles are looking to get others besides Jerome Robinson to score consistently and placed three in double figures. Ky Bowman made his first four shots and added 15 points while AJ Turner contributed 13. Overall Boston College had eight players score.AUBURN: For as athletic as Auburn is, rebounding is becoming an issue. The Tigers have been outrebounded in their last four games and the margin is 46 after Boston College held a 49-32 edge Monday. Those rebounds negated the 11 blocked shots since most of those merely extended possessions for Boston College when the ball went out of bounds.QUIET NIGHT AT TIMES FOR HERON: Auburns touted freshman Mustapha Heron did not take his first shot until about 9 minutes in and attempted two shots in the first half. He started 1 of 6 and was 3 of 9 overall. Heron, who grew up about 90 miles northeast of New York, in Connecticut finished with 15 points by getting to the foul line 10 times.PEARL THE EAGLE: Auburn coach Bruce Pearl has a unique connection to Boston College. When the Eagles defeated Ball State and Wake Forest in the first two rounds of the 1981 NCAA Tournament, Pearl was flapping his wings as a mascot, donning the bird head and feathers.UP NEXT:Boston College Hosts Sacred Heart on Sunday.Auburn Hosts Coastal Carolina on Thursday before a home game with Oklahoma on Dec. 21 and a visit to Connecticut two days later. Buccaneers Jerseys China . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys .1 million pounds ($61.2 million) on Saturday, giving the beleaguered English Premier League champions a major lift. http://www.cheapbuccaneersjerseysauthentic.com/ .C. -- When North Carolina freshman Ryan Switzer reported to training camp in August he was a little miffed to learn he was third on the depth chart at punt returner. LONDON -- Serena Williams and Viktor Troicki were fined $10,000 apiece on Saturday at Wimbledon for unsportsmanlike conduct.The biggest amount deducted from a players paycheck at this years tournament so far was the $12,000 for Britains Heather Watson, for jamming her racket into the grass.The No. 1-seeded Williams fine was from her second-round victory over Christina McHale at Centre Court on Friday. She smashed her racket repeatedly against the turf while sitting in her sideline chair after dropping the first set, then flung the piece of equipment so far behind her that it landed in the lap of a TV cameraman.Afterward, Williams said she knew she would lose some money and joked about having not yet met her quota for harming rackets this season.Ive cracked a number of rackets throughout my career. Ive gotten fined a number of times for cracking rackets. In fact, I look at it like I didnt crack one at the French Open or Rome, so I was doing really good, Williams said. I dont want to go too long without cracking a racket. You know, Im on track. I try to crack a certain amount a year. Im a little behind this year, so it was good.Troicki, a Serb seeded 25th, was punished for his tirade against chair umpire Damiano Torella at the end of a five-set loss in the second round on Thursday.Worst umpire ever in the world! What are you doing? Did you see the ball? Troicki screamed, also telling Torella: Youre horrible!The outburst was promptedd by a call as Troickis opponent, Albert Ramos-Vinolas, served for the match at 5-3 in the final set. Lee Roy Selmon Jersey. At 30-all, Ramos-Vinolas hit a serve that initially was called out by a linesman behind Troicki. It was not clear, exactly, who changed that ruling, but Torella announced the score had become 40-30, crediting Ramos-Vinolas with an ace and pushing him to match point.Later, speaking to a small group of reporters, Troicki said about Torella: He has no experience, no knowledge about anything. Hes just sitting there, calling the score, not trying to watch the ball.The umpire gave Troicki a warning for unsportsmanlike conduct. When play resumed, Ramos-Vinolas hit a serve that Troicki returned long with a backhand to end the match.After the two players met at the net for a handshake, Troicki approached Torella again, waving a hand at him and saying: Do you know what you did? three times.Troicki carried on, then headed directly from Court 17 to the tournament referees office to explain his displeasure.He should be also fined, if you ask me, Troicki said about the chair umpire. He should be the one whos fined. Im not saying he cost me the match, but he cost me an important point which could have changed the outcome of the match.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' '