Fora » Portal PolishPlymouth.co.uk

the Boilermakers did not kmow was what kind of pr

• 2287 posty
    September 27, 2018 9:52 AM BST

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. http://www.cowboysrookieproshop.com/Cowboys-Xavier-Woods-Jersey/ . -- When the season began, No. 17 Purdue knew it had two of the nations best big men in 6-foot-8 sophomore power forward Caleb Swanigan and 7-2 junior center Isaac Haas.What the Boilermakers did not kmow was what kind of production they would receive from their perimeter players. After this weeks Cancun Challenge, coach Matt Painter may have found the answer.Swanigan had 22 points and 13 rebounds, and freshman guard Carsen Edwards added 19 points, leading Purdue to a 79-68 victory over NJIT on Saturday.Swanigan was a perfect 6 of 6 from the field and 10 of 10 from the free throw line, and Edwards scored 15 second-half points to help Purdue (5-1) pull away from a 37-34 halftime lead.Swanigan was the MVP of this weeks Cancun Challenge, and Edwards scored a career-high 21 points in Wednesday nights victory over Auburn in the championship game.Were still turnover prone (16 on Saturday), and thats a problem, but we are doing some good things with our zone offense, especially when we are posting our big guys in those sets, which some teams dont do, said Painter, who got 25 points from guard Dakota Mathias in Tuesdays victory against Utah State in Cancun.I also like our focus at the start of second halves. We are able to mix and match lineups, and were still getting some of those nice second-half runs. Carsen was a big part of that today.Edwards helped Purdue maintain a double-digit lead throughout most of the second half.I am just kind of picking my spots, Edwards said. I am just playing off my teammates. I am playing the game and letting it come to me. I try not to lose confidence at all.Damon Lynn had 20 of his 33 points in the second half for NJIT (3-4), which also got 12 points from Chris Jenkins.Highlanders coach Brian Kennedy appreciated his teams effort.Obviously, Purdue is a Top 25 team with two of the best big men in the country, and those two guys arent going anywhere, Kennedy said. So, I told our guys from the beginning that we had to fight, fight and keep fighting, which is what NJIT basketball is all about. We may not get the top recruits in the country, but we are going to compete and fight as hard as we can.The momentum swung completely in Purdues favor with 9:12 remaining when Rob Ukawuba fouled Swanigan and also was whistled for a technical foul. Swanigan made four consecutive free throws for a 61-47 lead.I just grabbed the rebound, walked away and the guy called the foul, Swanigan said. (Ukawuba) started walking after me, and I just kept walking away. I was surprised they called a technical so quickly. Ill take it.BIG PICTURENJIT: With Lynn, the Highlanders have a proven scorer (22.5 points a game) and never backed down from a Purdue team that came in averaging 83 points and shooting 51.9 percent from the field. Beginning with Dec. 30, 2014, NJIT is 39-22.Purdue: The Boilermakers were sloppy with 10 first-half turnovers in their first game since winning the Cancun Challenge, but with Carsen Edwards, Mathias and Vince Edwards beginning to complement big men Swanigan and Haas, Purdue is assembling a really nice blend of interior and perimeter scoring options.POLL IMPLICATIONSHaving beaten Utah State, Auburn and NJIT by a collective 57 points this week in addition to capturing the Cancun Challenge championship by beating Auburn by 25, look for the Boilermakers to climb in the next poll.BIG NUMBERSThrough six games, Swanigan is averaging 18.8 points and 12 rebounds, having made 35 of 57 field goal attempts and 38 of 51 free throws.HIGH PRAISEPainter is impressed by the way NJITs Lynn plays the game, making 10 of 18 field goal attempts Saturday, including 8 of 13 from 3-point range.He is just such a tough cover, Painter said. He is a little different in the way he shoots it, but even if he is out there 25 to 27 feet from the basket, you cant give him a step or two.UP NEXTNJIT: The Highlanders will play host to St. Francis (Pa.) on Wednesday night.Purdue: The Boilermakers will travel to No. 10 Louisville on Wednesday night in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25.http://www.cowboysrookieproshop.com/Cowboys-Randy-White-Jersey/ . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. http://www.cowboysrookieproshop.com/Cowboys-Kyle-Wilber-Jersey/ . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. http://www.cowboysrookieproshop.com/Cowboys-Larry-Allen-Jersey/ . Hey!" The lower tier of the School End of Queens Park Rangers Loftus Road was packed solid with a very festive-sounding Chelsea choral section in this particular part of South Africa Road London, W12. LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears are counting on big things from Kevin White after drafting the receiver with the No. 7 overall pick in 2015.A shaky debut after a yearlong wait does not change that.Kev is his worst critic, offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains said. Hes hard on himself. He is a pleaser. He wants to play well for Jay (Cutler). He wants to help alleviate some stress off Eddie (Royal) and Alshon (Jeffery) and Zach (Miller), and he wants to make sure hes doing his role and thats why we love the kid, thats why hes going to be a good player. He cares so much and he wants to be good. Hes staying extra and hes working and hes doing everything the right way.The season-opening loss at Houston last week underscored just how much room White has to grow after missing his rookie season. He caught just three passes for 34 yards and ran a wrong route on an interception. He has a chance to redeem himself against Philadelphia on Monday night, his first regular-season game at Soldier Field.With his size and speed, the Bears envisioned the 6-foot-3, 216-pound White forming a dominant tandem with Jeffery when they drafted him.Those hopes got put on hold because of a stress fracture in his left shin that required surgery and sidelined White for his rookie season. He had few practices before this past offseason let alone any game experience, so its not that surprising he will need time to adjust to the NFL.You look at any young guy, theyre not going to walk in the door randomly and theyre better, Cutler said. Theyre going to study. But most of the stuff is done on the football field and the more you can do out there, the more you experience things, the more reps you get, the really good ones, they figure it out pretty quickly.The Bears need White to be a quick sttudy considering how important a piece he is in general manager Ryan Paces rebuilding plan. http://www.cowboysrookieproshop.com/Cowboys-Alfred-Morris-Jersey/. For now they need to find ways to take advantage of his size, speed and strength while developing his route-running skill, which was considered his weakness coming out of West Virginia.Loggains said that means keeping it simple.At West Virginia, the route tree wasnt big, Loggains said. He played on one side of the field. Making sure that we put him in situations that its stuff that hes familiar with and comfortable with is the biggest thing, and just give him a bunch of reps.Hes off to a shaky start and so are the Bears after finishing last in the NFC North.Definitely still building, White said. Just got to get more reps, game reps will help. Im excited. Not worried or panicking or anything like that all.The interception was a particularly rough moment for White. He pulled up on a route when the safety crashed down rather than burst toward the right sideline with the Bears leading 14-10 early in the third quarter. A lunging Andre Hal intercepted, leading to a field goal for Houston, and Cutler was seen pointing and waving at White.It was a different look that we got, White said. Wasnt expecting it. Shouldve ran out and just stayed with my job, but it caught me off-guard. Like I said, the more reps I get, the more game time I get, Ill get a lot more comfortable with it.White said the interception weighed on me a little bit.I hate messing up, he said. I like to try to be perfect and do a lot of exciting things. I could do better. Cant hang my head, have to move on.---AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Youth NFL Jerseys China China Jerseys Wholesale Discount Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys 2020 Disocunt Football Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Gear Jerseys From China Disocunt Football Jerseys Discount Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '